The Adaptive Path iPad app has just been updated to include speaker videos from the 2012 MX Conference. Here’s a few takeaways to help you start to dig in:
1. A UX manager’s job is problem-framing, not problem-solving
2. Emotional insights should also be treated as data for business decisions
— Kip Lee, Four Meta-Strategies for Design and Management
3. UX managers are translators of business strategies into design opportunities for staff
— Sara Koury, in Ian Swinson’s How Did I Get Here?
4. UX managers need to build a case, measure impact, integrate others in the work, then broadcast their story to the organization
— Vidya Drego, Why Customer Experience, Why Now?
5. UX managers need to understand the analytics data: “Understanding the data changed my career”
— Melissa Matross, Better Revenue through UX
6. The cloud means UX managers must stretch resources across more screens, but they also get to plan cross-channel customer journeys
7. UX managers must ask for deliverables and their intended impact
— Chris Risdon, Customer Journey Mapping